Friday, March 13, 2020

03/12/20: Preparing for takeoff... one more sleep

I’ve never been one to start packing early! 
At least the sun was still up when I started!


There was just too much other stuff to do, like have a quick beer with Heather as she so kindly let me borrow a few things for the trip. And then the trip to the Ruperts as they are so graciously watching Ollie for the week.  A trip to the ATM, and to Target for those last minute essentials... well except hand sanitizer or Clorox wipes as the Corona pandemic has set on and the world is hoarding all things antibacterial and paper products. I still don’t get the chaos with needing so much toilet paper!?  What am I missing!? 

Well, the sun is no longer up and the chaos in the photo above is now snuggly packed in a suitcase.

-photo-

Connie and I finally said goodnight after checking off our last minute checklists with one another.  Furthermore... it is no longer 3/12/20. The clock is not slowing down to allow for some decent rest.  We can rest in the sunshine in another 12 or so hours... For now,  it’s time for a little nap...  alarm will go off in 90 minutes. It’s an EARLY one tomorrow, I mean today...

No comments:

Post a Comment