Thursday, March 1, 2012

From Ecuador to Atlanta to Minnesota

Monday & Tuesday, Feb 27th/28th

Monday I woke up (early) in Ecuador and I fell asleep in Atlanta.  I had a stop in Miami in between. Only long enough to go through customs and change planes. Good thing I had over 2 hours to make it through customs or I would have certainly missed my plane to Atlanta.

Billy picked me up Monday around 4 and we had a great time, great conversation and made a great dinner. We did the same tonight. Guess you could say it was great. Always hard to say goodbye though... Today, more than normal.

Sometimes it seems weird to me that in just a matter of hours you can find yourself thousands of miles away. If only it was always that easy to just be where we want to be.

I'm now sitting on the plane going back to Minnesota.  Looking out the window, I am watching a lighting show.  There is something peaceful about it.  Something that helps me sit and reflect.  I am very fortunate to have had the last 2 weeks to spend some time in Atlanta with Billy and some time in Ecuador with Connie.  I am very excited to see my man Spencer, but I'm confident it will not be easy to step back into this thing we call reality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment