Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Second Stop: Buena Vista/Salida

Up around 8.  Another breakfast of toast and OJ to tide us over. Spencer was excited to use his new knife to peel his orange.  We bought it yesterday at The Garden of the Gods gift shop.  He was ecstatic they had something with his name on it! 



After a quick trip to Target, it was time to check out of our place in Colorado Springs and head to Buena Vista.  

The drive again, was beautiful... Even though it was a bit overcast. The pictures don't do it justice!



When we got to Buena Vista, we had a quick little lunch and it was time to hit the Ariel Adventure Park.  We got pulled off about 10 minutes into it because of the weather and had to wait it out for 30-45 minutes but then was able to get back on.

<Spencer's photos>

It was challenging... And fun. Yes, fun?! sure!  Although...I may owe a bit of money to the swear jar. This is something I agreed to do to attempt to get over my fear of heights.  I am not so proud to admit... I'm not exactly cured yet!  But maybe I'm a little closer?! Haha! 

I will say, I was proud of spencer and how quickly he zipped through many of these obstacles.  It was so fun to watch him!  He left me in the dust for sure!  
These were very challenging though, and there was only 2 he tried that he got disappointed in himself.  One was the rings.  There were probably 12 rings you had to go through similar to the monkey bars (except they moved).  He made it almost all the way through but couldn't get the last 2. His hands were hurting too bad. <pictures to come> 

After the regular obstacles, we did the drop swing.  The pictures we got of that may be too embarrassing to post!  It was fun though.  Enough fun, we did it twice!

Then there was the one where he climbed what was basically a telephone post, to stand on a small platform at the top and would then jump to a trapeze bar.  Yeah, freaky, right?!  Well, he made it to the platform and then couldn't stand up.  As I'm watching him, I see the post swaying.  Although he wasn't able to make the jump... I was so proud of him for making it as far as he did. 

After all that fun was over, and my adrenaline had seen enough for the day we made it to Salida where we would rest out head.  Spencer was excited to hit the pool for a bit and we come to find out their pool is closed. :( 
But, lucky for us, there was an aquatic center across the street so we went swinging for awhile. 

After working up an appetite, we drive around town and found the cutest place, right on the river that we are at. The food was delicious! The view of the river was awesome. The waiter was fantastic. Did I mention the food was good?! 

After dinner, we took a short walk and sat by the river for a bit.  Directly across from us was a huge hill with the letter S on it. Of course we think this is just a warm welcome for our man Spencer! 


It's now time for another hopefully good nights sleep.  I am finding myself with a sore throat and a boarder line stuffy nose...  Hoping I can fight this off for the remainder of the trip! 😁.  Sweet dreams!







No comments:

Post a Comment