Monday, August 8, 2016

8/7/16: A day that Spencer has been waiting for...

The beach!!

We woke up at 5:15 to head to the beach to try to catch the sunrise.  It was a bit cloudy but we got a little teaser...






On our way back... A man stopped us and gave us a coconut with a straw in it. I didn't have any money on me but he insisted I take it anyway. He must have talked for a good 7 minutes and it was all in Spanish.  What we understood is 1) he was ok that I didn't have any money and 2) that he was bitten by two alligators right down the beach.  Play charades is fun!  

We went back to have breakfast and get ready for the day on the beach.  
Breakfast started with a delicious smoothie!!  It was blueberry and I'm sure some other fruits.  Yummy, yummy!! 
We also had scrambled eggs and bread with rice and beans. A very typical Costa Rican breakfast. 
Then off to the beach.  We did make a pit stop to rent a boogie board.  

After we played on the beach a good part of the morning... We headed back to get ready for Spencers next adventure. At that point.... We noticed a visitor... A possum! 


Spencer decided to join Brent, Justin and Darious for a surfing lesson.  He was excited. Not nervous at all.  He got up on his second try and most after that. He caught on "surprisingly fast" as he described it himself.  I stayed in the beach and took photos of him and everyone else in the lesson.  The was a mother daughter from Britain.  Moms name was Amanda!  And there was one other boy about 3 years older then Spencer who is in a boarding school in Costa Rica.  

I took some pics of everyone and will share them with those I exchanged emails with.  The only fluke of surfing lessons was mine.  I was in the water between foot and low calf deep and right when things were wrapping up... I somehow knocked my lens shade off my camera.  Down into the ocean it went.  Most things that close to the shore tend to wash up... But this one got caught in the rip current and I couldn't grab it in time.  The Pacific Ocean now owns it. I just hope no sea creatures get tangled up in it!  


More photos to come...

After we got back and cleaned up... We headed about 2 miles down the road to the only restaurant in the area that was open.  Super cute, quaint place right in the water.  Shrimp and rice was the choice by both spencer and I.  The food was really good, but not as good as the place last night... But they are closed on Sunday's. 

Back to home base to settle in for the night. A couple games of cards (which Spencer of course won) and we were off to bed. It's interesting how tired the beach makes you!



















No comments:

Post a Comment