Monday, August 8, 2016

8/8/16: A lazy morning...

Monday, August 8

I was woke at about 3am to a storm.  We lost power for about 20-30 minutes, but no big harm there.  I was hoping to get up and do a morning walk on the beach to try to capture the sunrise.  Sadly, it was still raining at 5:30 so not good conditions to capture the sun.  It was a bit too overcast. 

Instead... I found myself sleeping a little later and then moving to the hammock in the common area to just lay in peace and listen to the sounds.... Birds, roosters, the ocean and the rain.  It's peaceful here no matter what the weather.  If only there were monkeys running around... I'd think it was perfect! 


Another delicous breakfast.  Omlets with the most delicious bacon. And of course...  The blueberry smoothie.  I may need to get the recipe for that!



We then hit he beach for Spencer to boogie board for awhile before we had to turn it back in.   More Photos to come later. 


After we returned the boogie board, we decided to walk down the beach about 3 miles to the place we ate last night.  They had some appetizers that we thought would make a delicious mid afternoon snack.  About halfway, I stopped to take a couple photos.  While waiting for me, Spencer decided to throw his football and try to knock a coconut out of a palm tree.  Typically, they say "what goes up must come down" but apparently not when a palm tree eats your football. We estimated that it took him about 27 minutes to throw rocks and fallen coconuts at the tree to finally nudge it loose.  I do have some photos of this too that will have to be added later.  It was one of the first days I had my camera with me!  

Anyway... Back to our walk excited for those apps.  But... Much to our surprise... We got there and they were closed!!  Epic fail!  Either they are closed on Mondays or only open for dinner.  It seemed like a much longer walk back.  But.... We did find a smoothie place that helped break it up. 

Once back... We enjoyed a shower, put some nicer clothes on as we were planning to walk to Los Almendros for another amazing dinner.  Spencer cannot wait to have the shrimp and rice again.  The only problem we had... The walk turned into driving as it started pouring right as we were going to head out the door!  For some reason, the rain is way more tolerable here!! 

I'm not sure that I even want to mention that we ended the evening playing cards.  I think Spencer must be cheating!!  There is no way he can be that lucky!  

We move tomorrow... So calling it an early night!  







No comments:

Post a Comment