Friday, August 7, 2015

A Little Piece of Heaven

For anyone following, I'm sure you can tell I haven't been able to keep up. I've been doing most of my writing while in the car. But even then, there are so many things to see and the scenery changes so often that it's hard to look away to write and document our trip.  

It will be finished though.... Hopefully before we get home, but for sure, shortly after. That is... If we come home.  Neither of us are ready and our trip is nearing the end. 

This has been an incredible journey.  I'm convinced that Icland is a little piece of heaven. Everything is magical, majestic and just simply amazing. You can feel the soul here. Connie and I are having so much fun.  

And... we made a friend, Diego. He has joined us for much of the second half of our journey.  What are the chances that I meet the nicest person carrying a Canon camera with a 70-200? He is a creative soul and it has been awesome to have him with us.  I can't wait to see what he puts together with his camera, go pro and drone.  Seriously, who has a drone!  I kind of want one now!! 

We were having an awesome time before we connected with Diego, but he just fits with us. Probably the kindest person I've ever met. And did I mention, creative?!  Connie pushes me past my limits sometimes but Diego just tells me simply I can do it and he's there to help. I have climbed things I never thought I would. Even Connie climbed to points past her comfort zone and I view her as fearless.  I'm not sure he realizes what a comforting soul he has been.  
Connie and I have both said we feel he's some sort of angel.  We call him our younger brother sent from above. 

This was a photo I took of Diego after he so patiently made sure I was ok scaling down the cliff to sit on the edge in front of this beautiful waterfall. 

Anyway...  I'll get caught up on our days here eventually...  

And Joe, If you're reading... I'm not sure I'll get that northern light picture you wanted.  It's way too light here at night.  I'm thinking about staying til I see them though!  ðŸ˜‰


No comments:

Post a Comment